Slaash

2 posts
1 reputation

IGN: Slaash
By Slaash » 10 months ago
Being a regular player since February i have a list of some small tweaks that can make the gameplay 10 times better. (No lag included)

Since these suggestions are small tweaks they may seem like a chore but will vastly improve the game quality for the players.

1: Involuntary constrained speech: When you want to type "wanna" it changes itself to "want to". Similarly "gonna" changes to "going to". It is unwillingly enforced and does not make this server inviting and attractive to new players. I have seen about two new players directly complaining about this issue.

2: Chat: (Noun) talk, often short.   
Chat is according to wikipedia supposed to be short, this server setting a anti-spam 6 second timer does not help that case, you have to write entire paragraphs in a single message and if you make a typo then you have to correct it in 6 seconds after the other party has already red the wrong message, this does less to stop spam and make every day life hard for regular players.​

3: Server Issues: There should be a game mode specific ban system, so if someone does break a rule in village defense, they can get banned only in that mode specifically.
Players randomly are unable to use /t spawn and various other commands related to towny with the error message "You don't have enough permission to use that command".
Players, upto 3 are kicked at the same time with errors of java exception. 

4: Jobs: In the job "Hunter" the employee is not paid to kill wither skeletons or zombie pigman, both of which can offer large sums of money and are rare on their own level.
Players should be kicked from their job if they are inactive for 30 days, because the penalty of leaving the job may increase in that time.  The job "Farmer" should give money for breaking melons. Some people have attractions towards melons unlike others.
These suggestions might feel like a chore as they are plugin specific and may require some dig in.

Please reply below and let me know which parts you agree and disagree with. -Slas

TerraTroll

3 posts
0 reputation

IGN: TerraTroll
By TerraTroll » 10 months ago
I agree with the all the chat stuff you talked about. Everything else is also needed but I feel the chat needs to be fixed first.

Mrp1Gamer

5 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Mrp1Gamer
By Mrp1Gamer » 10 months ago
This is what i wanted, I definitely agree! The chat timer is incredibly important to have a change, i make mistakes some times and then i have to wait the age of the universe until i can fix it, even more people start making jokes on my mistake! And the job farmer should really pay more.

Kalo

3 posts
0 reputation

IGN: Kalo
By Kalo » 9 months ago
Okay, considering I got permission before and forgot to weigh in, I'm gonna break this down for you so hopefully you are no longer confused.

1: Involuntary constrained speech: When you want to type "wanna" it changes itself to "want to". Similarly "gonna" changes to "going to". It is unwillingly enforced and does not make this server inviting and attractive to new players. I have seen about two new players directly complaining about this issue.

You ARE aware that some people aren't native English speakers, right? My BF is one of them, and despite living in america for 18 years (yes, he's 7 years older than me, so what?) he STILL has problem with slang and "abbreviated" terms like wanna and gonna. It's a habit I have yet to break in my English and you ever think it might be a problem for other non-native speakers too considering English is the hardest language to learn for non-natives?

2: Chat: (Noun) talk, often short.   
Chat is according to wikipedia supposed to be short, this server setting a anti-spam 6 second timer does not help that case, you have to write entire paragraphs in a single message and if you make a typo then you have to correct it in 6 seconds after the other party has already red the wrong message, this does less to stop spam and make every day life hard for regular players.​

Yeah, I've seen a chat spam problem on other servers, namely the noobs "I need a town" 50 million times in the corse of a minute because they spam t and the up arrow (which scrolls through the last messages you sent in chat) so unless we want to see a ton of THAT going around, I don't see this changing any time soon

3: Server Issues: There should be a game mode specific ban system, so if someone does break a rule in village defense, they can get banned only in that mode specifically.
Players randomly are unable to use /t spawn and various other commands related to towny with the error message "You don't have enough permission to use that command".
Players, upto 3 are kicked at the same time with errors of java exception. 

Since you've combined several points into one here, I'm gonna attempt to make sense of what you're saying
  -The problem with game mode specific bans is the fact of how do we track it have one central lobby? Its like going from /gamemode s to /gamemode c in survival, there's no real way to stop you from trying to go from one to the other. Also, that doesn't solve the problem, it just allows the problem to spread to other modes.
  -Easiest fix in the world, just log out and log back in. I'm not sure what causes it, but it appears to be a session conflict type of error: the server sees you as both logged in and not logged in.
  -These can happen for multiple reasons, java is picky and I don't really think this is a server error in and of itself (considering I got kicked for that ONCE in my time on LOM, and that was when my client was screwing up anyway)

4: Jobs: In the job "Hunter" the employee is not paid to kill wither skeletons or zombie pigman, both of which can offer large sums of money and are rare on their own level.
Players should be kicked from their job if they are inactive for 30 days, because the penalty of leaving the job may increase in that time.  The job "Farmer" should give money for breaking melons. Some people have attractions towards melons unlike others.
These suggestions might feel like a chore as they are plugin specific and may require some dig in

Again, multiple breakdowns
  -Zombie pigmen are rare? Since when? Go into the nether and you explain to me your definition of rare please. At the same time though, the jobs aren't supposed to be challenges, you're SUPPOSED to be able to do them in the overworld.
  -Why? You're penalizing people for being unable to play MC? Its already bad enough that you can get kicked from your town if you don't stockpile on money before leaving for extended periods. God forbid you want to go on a vacation away from a computer with MC according to you!
  -Uh...you know that's exploitable right? Auto melon farms exist...

-Kalo

SideLo

4 posts
1 reputation

IGN: SideLo
By SideLo » 9 months ago
I agree with all that stuff but these things needs further more improvements. @Kalo, you got point in some of your breakdowns but that doesn't mean that they should not get updated/fixed.